The Department’s mandate is to Promote and Develop Nuts & Oil Crops products and markets.
- Develop and maintain a database on the Nuts and Oil Crops subsector and provide market information to the value chain players;
- Conduct market analysis on trends and opportunities in order to develop appropriate marketing and product development strategies for the Nuts & Oil Crops commodities;
- Capacity building value chain players (manufacturers, traders, agents and other stakeholders) to take advantage of market requirements
- Provide trade promotional services in local and international markets by creating linkages between manufacturers and buyers.
- Facilitate value addition and product development in the nuts and oil crops subsector.
Collaborators in the Department
- Kenya National Bureau of Statistics: https://www.knbs.or.ke/
- Brand Ke: https://brand.ke/
- Africa Cashew Alliance: https://www.africancashewalliance.com/en
- International Nut and Fruit Council: https://www.nutfruit.org
- International Coconut Community: https://www.apccsec.org/
- Micro Enterprises Support Programme Trust: https://www.mespt.org/